Congratulations to DC United and the organizer, Meghan Cameron, on a great event; it was a lot of fun! I was assigned the table with Jay Nolly and Mark Simpson. Jay is a terrific guy and kindly answered all my silly questions about training and goalkeeping tactics. While he should have deduced from my pasty complexion that I have a website, I didn’t mention it. So, I’ll skip direct quotes. But, it is clear the team â€“ and Jay â€“ are very excited for Saturday.
- It took Ben Olsen all of . . . I dunno . . . five minutes before he had shed the DC United team suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves. I think he even fouled someone just to set the tone.
- Victor MacFarlane and Will Chang get it. DC United is in great hands. The team’s commitment to Ward 8 and extending the brand through more merchandise seem wise to me.
- The team is clearly disappointed by their loss to Chivas in the Champions’ Cup. Both Kevin Payne and Tom Soehn mentioned the loss in their remarks to the group.
- The Hilton served salad, butter pads shaped like the Capitol dome, and chicken.
- Victor MacFarlane, Will Change, Kevin Payne, and Tom Soehn spoke to crowd. Each man ‘hugged it out‘ after taking over from the preceding speaker.
- Despite my best efforts I couldn’t get Dave Johnson and Emilio together for an “Itâ€™s in the Net” competition.
Fuzzy, poorly composed pictures of the event
Steven Goff (back to the camera) checks in with DC United Co-Managing Partner Will Chang and Head Coach Tom Soehn.
Items from the silent auction. As a Vikings fan, it took every ounce of restraint not to burn the Culpepper jerseY. But since he is now making the Dolphins suck, I let my anger go.
Victor MacFarlane’s son bids on some items.
The Capital Hilton’s set-up.
They didn’t even bring all the silverware . . . just to taunt other teams. “Uh?” “Oh that? Just some stuff from the shelf.”
This post sponsored by the WB’s new hit show – FINS! This summer, evildoers have a new enemy!
- Something doesn’t seem right
- Proof Sacha Kljestan attended the Marcelo Balboa Camp
- MLS Offers Additional Income Options for Players and Fans
- EXCLUSIVE: D.C. United Obtains Second Shirt Sponsor